Friday 9 May 2014

FINAL PIECE: Proposal

My final piece will look into time. The piece will explore performing the exact same thing I would usually be doing in a different format.
This work is a short duration performance art piece that will be performed over the course of four hours (with one 20 minute interval half way through the performance). This piece will involve me writing a word (E.g. "Eating") on an A1 sheet of paper in the amount of time that it would usually take me to perform each action.  This will be done with a time table that I have created that shows what I would have been doing, and how long it would have taken. For this piece I will require two (at least) sheets of A1 paper,  A black marker or black paint (with a brush) (also spare pens in case the marker runs out), a clock (to measure time), and a camera and tripod to document the performance itself. For this piece I will wear black trousers and a plain black T-shirt; I will wear this to ensure that the audience's focus is kept on what I am doing and not what I look like.
Before beginning the piece I will spend half an hour using meditation techniques developed by Marina Abramovic. These techniques will help me prepare for the piece and generate focus on the art being created.  This piece also relates to On Kawara's work as I am using text to document time.
I have designed this piece to be watched in it's entirety from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment